11.9.08

Getting There is Half the Battle

 


Before I get too far into my tale from racing school, I should start with the drive to Indy. This was our 3rd attempt to make it to racing school--Weather and scheduling problems at the track had cancelled the other two attempts. There were other issues, too boring to get into. Suffice it to say that things had not been easy in the battle to even make it to the Interstate. Upon entering it in Lexington, Chris drove over something in the road that was impossible to avoid. We got out at a rest stop, but the tire looked fine. I took over driving and as we entered Louisville, the familiar sound of a flat and unusual feel of the steering told us all too clearly that our tire was indeed having issues...big ones. I got off the road just in time to not ruin the wheel. We actually had a nice spot for Chris to break out the jack and get to work putting on the spare. I'm soooo blessed to be married to my own personal pit master. Molly was with us and as one can see in this photo, I think she was wondering what we had gotten her into now! We were able to make it to the track on the spare, thanks to my mechanical Chris.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: