25.5.08

Wow



Each trip I've taken to NYC has been special in its own unique way. This one was fun because I got to be with John, a great cousin and a great friend, as he lived out a dream. Back in 1984, two of my aunts (one of them being his mom) took him and his sister to see Romancing the Stone. But, John broke away from them and ran into the theater showing Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. He wanted to see that guy from Star Wars in it. Aunt Dinie didn't have the heart, I suppose, to drag him out of there, so she went in with him. She said he was running up the aisle afterwards saying "Wasn't that GREAT?!?" That was the beginning of, well, let's be honest here, ...an obsession. For as long as I can remember, John has been working on his Indiana Jones impersonation. It paid off for him when he won Entertainment Tonight's "Give Us Your Best Indy" contest. I've very proud of him and just want to say "thanks" to John for letting me ride on his coattails and enjoy the celebrity treatment he and videographer, Jason, received.

No comments: